Saturday the 9th of June
Calling nature enthusiasts, experts, recorders, learners! Can you help us to discover and celebrate the biodiversity of the Edinburgh garden? RBGE is hosting a Big Botanics BioBlitz on the Saturday 9th of June 2018.
- Pond dipping
- Worm charming
- Meet the Garden Moths
- Bird walk
- Spider Safari
- lichen Trail
- The Lost Words Exhibition
- The Lost Words Trail
- Information of Gardening for wildlife and pollination
- Bug and Butterfly searches
- Sign the Edinburgh Living Landscape Pollinator Pledge!
- Max Coleman called Location, Location, Location: Making Homes for Nature
- Robert Mill on Wildlife in the Botanics.
- Rik Morely on Urban Birding in Wester Hailes and Edinburgh
- Natalie Todman on Bats in the Lothians
Organisation Fair with stalls from The Wildlife Information Centre, Edinburgh Natural History Society, Lothian Bat Group, Butterfly Conservation, Wester Hailes Wildlife Group, Compassion Edinburgh, RSPB, Scottish Bee Keepers, British Arachnological Society and more…
Contact: Lucy Cooke
I would be interested in surveying and recording aculeate Hymenoptera and possibly helping with bug hunt and pond dipping activities.
That would be wonderful, can you send me your contact details and availablity over the weekend of Sat 9 and Sun 10 June.
I offer an introduction and hunt for ladybirds and shieldbugs. I can do both days but would like to finally confirm time for when there is likely to be sunshine.
I would love to do botanic gardens, did gardening scotland standthe last two years
Please send me an email detailing what you’d like to do.