LearnToEngage is an exciting new suite of professional development modules for botanic garden and museum educators in Italy, Portugal and the UK. The Partner organisations developing and teaching these modules are:
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (UK)
- Botanic Gardens Conservation International (UK)
- MUSE Science Museum (Italy)
- University of Lisbon (Portugal)
- Nottingham Trent University (UK).
The Project Aims are:
- To enhance inclusive education in botanic gardens through practitioner training.
- To develop innovative blended-learning models for training botanic gardens on public engagement.
- To enhance botanic garden professionals’ access to continued vocational education and training through embedding training in the digital era.
- To improve services through training in new areas of work for botanic gardens.
- To support the development of transnational standards for evaluating informal education.
- To increase botanic gardens’ capacity for showcasing the value of plants and plant science to society.
The blended learning modules (a mixture of online and on-site learning) will enhance engagement of participant organisations’ audiences and support the vital educational role of botanic gardens and museums. LearnToEngage is funded through the European Commission’s Erasmus+ programme and provides an interactive, collaborative experience with both online and on-site provision.
The four modules are:
• Working with Diverse Audiences
• Science Communication
• Research and Evaluation
Closing date for the first 2 modules is 30th June 2017
More information/To Apply go to the: LearnToEngage Website
Download / Print Leaflet: Erasmus leaflet_FINAL
More information also available from Jane Robertson, Gavin Downey or Cath Ashby (Education department, RBGE)
Leave a Reply