The geographical collecting locality of the types reflect both current and historical geographical areas of interest of RBGE research. Historical areas of focus are China (20%), India (8%) and Brasil (4%) and Arabia. More recent areas of research have been in Turkey (4%), Nepal, Chile and SE Asia.
The map below shows where all the types were collected and the geographical strengths can be clearly seen as well as the geographical breadth of the collections. The colour of the marker shows the number of types from each country.
All stories about Type Specimens
- New to Science 2015 – Mimulus peregrinus
- The Aneura Working Group meeting, Trondheim, 8th-12th February 2016
- Type specimens in the herbarium at RBGE
- When were the type specimens in the herbarium at RBGE collected?
- Where the types in the herbarium at RBGE were collected
- Who collected the type specimens in the herbarium at RBGE