The type specimens held at RBGE were included in an analysis of plant collectors by Bebber et al. (2012) which showed that 50% of the type specimens were collected by only 2% of the collectors. These collectors were considered to be the “Big Hitters”. The RBGE data alone show an even more marked result – 50% of the type specimens were collected by 1.35% of the collectors. The top ten collectors between them account for 28% of the type specimens in red folders.
All stories about Type Specimens
- New to Science 2015 – Mimulus peregrinus
- The Aneura Working Group meeting, Trondheim, 8th-12th February 2016
- Type specimens in the herbarium at RBGE
- When were the type specimens in the herbarium at RBGE collected?
- Where the types in the herbarium at RBGE were collected
- Who collected the type specimens in the herbarium at RBGE